The fellowship program is designed to provide fellows with an organized, comprehensive supervised educational experience in Vascular/Interventional Radiology. The goals and objectives are as follows:
- To become familiar with the signs and symptoms of disorders amenable to diagnosis and/or treatment by percutaneous methods guided by radiologic imaging.
- To become familiar with the medical and surgical therapeutic alternatives of these disorders.
- To become familiar with the indications and contraindications for vascular and interventional radiologic procedures.
- To gain experience performing preprocedural clinical evaluation of patients and providing postprocedural follow-up care.
- To gain experience in performing and interpreting the spectrum of vascular and non-vascular interventional procedures.
- To gain exposure to new and evolving interventional procedures.
- To gain experience interpreting non-invasive evaluations of vascular diseases of the arterial and venous systems.